Wednesday, December 5, 2007

1 Corinthians 13 (sort of!!)

I love this Christmas version of 1 Corinthians 13. I've read it on several blogs so thought I would post it too!

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights, and shiny glass balls but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.
.
If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals, and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.
.
If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home, and give all that I have to charity but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.
.
If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties, and sing in the choir's cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.
.
Love stops the cooking to hug the child.
.
Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.
.
Love is kind, though harried and tired.
.
Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.
.
Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way.
.
Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return but rejoices in giving to those who can't.
.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
.
Love never fails.
.
Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust. But giving the gift of love will endure.

Now if only I can remember these things when Liana empties the flour all over Liam when we are cooking....sigh

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me of all the joys of the season. Especially to love the joy of my life, my family!

    ReplyDelete